Tuesday, February 10, 2009

It’s holiday…wake uP!

I’m in the lab today. Nothing’s special ‘bout it. What makes it special is that today in Japan is a holiday. I don’t even know what national holiday it is, but who cares? The big issue is “how come I miss a national holiday that falls right in the middle of the weekdays?”. Well, I did arrange my schedule to do some experiments today, but not from early in the morning.

I woke up this morning with a lot of efforts. I even had to watering my head with cool water to make me conscious enough to walk. Compare with the other working days, today I was quite early reached my campus. In parking lot I was still not aware of the small number of bicycle parked there which in the normal day it always full booked, ‘till I reached the main gate and saw two Giant Hinomaru (Japanese flags).

Headed to my lab’s building, I bumped into a man with a very familiar face, my supervisor. He greeted me, and in the same elevator he told me that he didn’t realize that today is a holiday. Congratulation Mr. Supervisor, you’re already successful creating your own clone. The next hour, we were the only moving objects in the room.

It almost 5pm, and still I have to wait couple of minute to begin my other experiment (two other experiments had been completed before lunch).

I am so sleepy right now, missing my mattresses I bought not long time ago from Ikea. Two single size mattresses which I had to carry all around JR train stations. I’m sorry mattresses, I don’t use you too often.

No comments:

Post a Comment