Monday, February 9, 2009

Dear Japanese

This is an open letter for all the Japanese especially in Tokyo.

Being a foreigner is never been quite easy for everyone. Living in Japan is my first experience living outside my beloved country. So maybe the feeling that I feel right now is just a common feeling other foreigner must’ve been felt regardless the country they’re living in.
Not trying to be offensive, just wanna say how I feel bout u guys.

Dear Japanese,

I know about you long long time ago back when i was in primary ‘till high school, thru some tv dramas played in our tv station, which some becoming so popular in the country. That time, my thoughts about you were, comical, expressive, straightforward, and fun.

The next opportunity to know you was happen when I was in college, met up with you together with other foreign student in a foreign country. It was a relaxing moment, kinda like a holiday where people were all in a great mood, good spirit, and positive mind. My thoughts about you that time were ‘lil bit shy, polite, nice, and sweet.

The last impression of you was coming not long time ago, after I was officially not a guest anymore in this lab and hence have to work and act just likes any other members. The thoughts of you….

We chatted pretty long, told each other’s jokes, spoke ‘bout private things, made fun to each other. We said good bye. The next morning, I met you at the campus’ hallway, I gestured with enthusiast, and you just passed with plain face, and barely looked at me. Indescribable.

While I checked my email on my desk after doing experiments dozen times, you called me up, and told me that I shouldn’t wasting time chatting, and I must work harder and harder. The next week I spent Friday’s night until 1 am, working on your project, and you said don’t overworked. Indescribable.

We knew thru the internet, sent e-mail to each other. I sent pic of me, you said I looked nice, you sent yours, I said ok. Next you said you want to meet up. I say ok, where? You reply: hope to see you soon. I replied, ok just arrange time. You reply I really want to see you, hope to see you. I said are you busy this week? You replied, hope to see you. I was blank… and replied what do you mean? What do you really mean? Zenzen wakarimasen… n you never reply..not anymore. Amazingly indescribable.

But still, I must learn to love you.


To wrap it up, let me dedicate this next song for u…

What have I got to do to make you love me?
What have I got to do to make you care?
What do I do to make you want me?
What have I gotta do to be heard?
(lyric courtesy of Sir Elton John)

No comments:

Post a Comment